Now I am no chef…but I can do some things with a microwave. Mug cakes are the best because sometimes…when I make a batch of baked goods…I eat a dozen cookies. So if you’re also a bit of a loner who loves to bake, single serving is the way to go! This is a seriously delicious mug cake that can be ready in a minute…not an exaggeration. It’s vegan & made with real food only, no weird commercialized healthy protein cake BS.
There’s peanut butter and there’s chocolate so what else do you need? Honestly I find this better than an actual piece of cake it is SO GOOD. YOU MUST TRY.
What you need:
- a shallow mug or small bowl
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (you can use any sugar/sweetener here, but careful with liquid sweeteners like syrups, make sure they’re completely combined)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 tbsp peanut butter (any natural nut butter works, sticky stuff from Skippy doesn’t)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or whatever non dairy milk floats your boat)
- (Optional) 1 tsp mini choc chips (dairy free to keep it vegan or just whatever you want. Yum white chocolate is probably good here. Or be that person who prefers fruit over chocolate. I used mini chips from Enjoy Life.)
- Whisk flour, sugar, & baking soda with a fork
- Add milk then stir in nut butter (fork will combine best)
- Microwave for 40s-1min (depending on your microwave, better to under cook than over)
- Top with choc chips
- ATTEMPT to wait for the chocolate to get a little melty & then enjoy 🙂
Yep, that’s it. It’s that easy.
Calories & Macros:
(may vary depending on your choice of sweetener, nut butter, milk, & topping)
326 cal: 18g F 29g C 9g P
not too shabby😉