Same. Especially chocolate chip muffins. Here is my very simple recipe for a lower calorie, healthier, whole wheat chocolate chip muffin.
Makes 12 muffins.
Nutrition Info at bottom of page.
Dairy free & Vegan options provided.
What you need:
- muffin tray (silicon if you have, otherwise, greased muffin tin)
- mixing bowl
- a mixing device (eg a spoon)
- an oven preheated to 350 F
- 8 tablespoons softened butter. I used Kerrigold. (Can sub coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup spoonable stevia (can sub for 1 full cup of white/brown/coconut sugar BUT this is what keeps the recipe so low carb & calorie)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs (can sub flax eggs – just add an extra 1/2 tbsp coconut oil & 1 tbsp flour)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (any low fat milk will work)
- 1 1/2 cup – 2 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips. I used EnjoyLife semi sweet (a dairy free option).
- Microwave or melt butter over hot water until soft
- Add stevia and mix well
- Add baking powder, salt, eggs and mix well
- Add half the almond milk, mix well, add the other half, then mix again
- Add flour in 1/2 cup intervals, folding in until batter consistency is formed
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups
- Bake at 350F for 30 min
values may vary slightly with your choices of sweetener, chocolate chips, milk, etc.
Per 1 muffin:
6.5g Saturated Fat