Hi there, Internet friends. I hope you’re all staying safe, healthy, and happy at home. Today is all fun – things that are making me happy while we’re home, sheltering in place. I.E. what I’m watching, reading, listening to, eating, drinking, doing. Tested & proven 🙂
- Virtual yoga classes with old teachers and friends. Possibly the brightest side of the pandemic for me has been the ability to take some of my previous yoga teachers’ classes virtually! For those that don’t know, I was taught and trained in Raleigh, NC and now there is an entire country between my favorite yoga teachers and I. Because my old Raleigh studio has had to close their doors for the moment, they have taken to the internet world and fortunately for me, I get to see them again! I have to keep the time difference in mind but midday yoga with these familiar faces has been quite the pick-me-up. If you’d like to attend a Zoom yoga class from some of the amazing teachers that trained myself, you can! They have single classes and discounted class packs for sale here – https://blissbody-yoga.com/
- Catching up on blogs I forgot about / didn’t know I loved. I don’t know about you, but I seem to have a lot more free time now that I’m at home. And Instagram scrolling got old fast. I was directed to some blogs, some new to me, some old and forgotten. I have been so happy reading articles and learning. Here are the blogs I’m speaking of. If you have any you think I’d like, share!
- https://www.banyanbotanicals.com/info/blog-the-banyan-insight/ Banyan Botanicals blog – a great site with Ayervedic products and informative articles.
- https://www.healthline.com/nutrition the Healthline Nutrition articles – I sift through these, some are a little iffy but all in all, I enjoy the reads and learn a lot!
- https://galmeetsglam.com/daily-looks/ Charleston fashion blogger that posts daily looks. I’m not a big fashion person but I like it when others do it well…
- https://www.whowhatwear.com/ another fashion blog with fun content
- Guided Meditations, Lectures, & Courses. I have raved about this app in the past. Insight Timer. It has TONS of guided meditations, free courses, lectures by some of the greatest speakers in the world, as well as a timer for your own meditation and/or yoga practices. It also has a social element where you can send and receive nice messages to others meditating at the same time you are! I highly, highly recommend this app. Here it is for Apple users. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/insight-timer-meditation-app/id337472899
- Curating Spotify playlists. I have discovered a lot of new music while at home and love creating playlists. Again, I’d love to see what you’re listening to and how you’re mixing it! Share in the comments or follow me on Spotify so I can follow back! https://open.spotify.com/user/1275465743?si=w_JZk26JS1qDTvng-HrRUQ
- Charcuterie Boards / Snack Plates. Now that we’re at home all day, meal timing is strange and for some reason, I’ve been getting sick of all my usual meals. I’ve started making little “snack plates” for lunches. I’m not going to share too far because I’m sure anyone who knows their sh* on cheese, meats, & wines would hunt me down, but I like to assemble some yummy goodness on my wooden cutting board and eat it slowly. Cheese, meat, crackers, grapes, apples. Sometimes I go a different direction and do hummus, toasted pita, veggies, etc. It’s fun, different, and feels fancy. You can go a dessert direction – Graham crackers, cookies, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, m&ms, marshmallow fluff, OK. 10/10.
- Fun Drinks. Non-alcoholic. I’m a person who’s content drinking one coffee in the morning and sipping on my water bottle for the rest of the day. However, since I’ve been at home, I like to have fun things to sip on, it kind of breaks up the day –
- Cold brew. I’ve been doing my own cold brew for forever but even more lately. It’s a nice afternoon pick-me-up that feels special and it’s SO easy y’all. Don’t buy cold brew.
- Flavored creamers. To pair with that afternoon cold brew, I’ve been loving a fun flavored creamer. It’s a great treat!
- Iced tea. Another home cold brew! I’ve been loving my homemade “pink drink” – complete transparency, I have no idea what is in the Starbucks Pink Drink so don’t come at me. I put two Hibiscus tea bags in an old jar with water and leave it in the fridge overnight. The next afternoon I have an awesome, caffeine free afternoon pick-me-up! Hibiscus tea isn’t just hot pink and beautiful, it’s also loaded with antioxidants and super tasty. For even more of a treat, I’ll muddle some frozen berries in the bottom of my glass or try a squeeze of lime.
- Sparkling water. My favorites: La Croix Limoncello, bubly Strawberry, bubly Blackberry. The best: a squeeze of lemon + bubly Blackberry. YUM. Oh bubly, please sponsor me. ily.
- A good series to keep up with. An hour or two of TV with the bf at night has become a ritual I never thought I’d look forward to so much. We are all caught up on Billions on Showtime (they’re taking a mid-season break…who does that?) and now we’re watching The Americans on Amazon Prime. Would recommend both.
- Cooking Dinner. Most of you already know that I love to cook and put time into what goes into my body. The best part? The bf and I are actually on the same eating schedule again! *cheer & applause* But while at home, it’s been nice to actually, intentionally stop what I’m doing at 5 and start dinner for us. (Yes, we eat early in this house we are old souls with old soul routines.) And I haven’t been just winging it (for the most part) I actually look up recipes and try them, instead of just using what I have to make the usual 4-5 normal dinners. Here are some recent good ones –
- Long walks. This one has been HUGE! I have been walking 3+ miles every day and loving it. Exploring parts of the city I’ve never been to, listening to music & podcasts, it’s a great way to get out of the house and get exercise.
- FaceTime Coffee Dates. Anyone else talking to old friends and family MORE now than they were? I am! I’ve had the time and energy to reconnect with some amazing humans and am so intentional about my connection now. I love scheduling a little coffee date with a friend/family member on FaceTime, we share what we’re drinking and what the heck is going on where we are. If you want a FaceTime coffee date, I am down.
Have new habits / eats / activities making you happy these days? Let me know in the comments!
See y’all soon. Stay safe & healthy & home. ❤